I always come across the term Cloud Computing several times but not really sure on all the jargon and buzz. It’s like a new term but you may already be working on them. Just like RIA or Rich Internet Application before the term was coined and becoming the default name you were already builiding RIA, Sun came out with a free White Paper guide explaining Cloud Computing.
In 25 pages, this free guide:
1. Defines cloud computing and its benefits
2. Explains the different types of clouds (public, private, and hybrid)
3. Describes the architectural service layers (e.g., Software as a Service)
4. Details the underlying virtualization technologies
5. Suggests next steps and actions to get started
Get your White Paper now free here.
Quoted from the White Paper.
In many ways, cloud computing is simply a metaphor for the Internet, the increasing movement of compute and data resources onto the Web. But thereâ€™s a difference: cloud computing represents a new tipping point for the value of network computing. It delivers higher efficiency, massive scalability, and faster, easier software development. Itâ€™s about new programming models, new IT infrastructure, and the enabling of new business models.
Simply put it’s creating on-demand web applications, less hardware for the client, less system admin to handle the hardware and very scalable.