FlexCards are based of Lightning Web Components (LWC) that displays contextual information and provide related access to clickable tasks or actions.
Important FlexCards key capabilities to know about
- FlexCards are viewable on any device or channel – aside from the console, it can be deployed to mobile and customer portal
- Can be beginning and endpoint of customer interactions – can be used to launch actions or OmniScript (which we will tackle on next post), at the end of the process.. the FlexCard can get updated with the latest information.
- Can display data from multiple data sources and provide a summarized contextual information – get data from Salesforce or data from an external API
- Built with WYSIWG editor with drag and drop elements – editor allows you to edit the layout and CSS styles.
- Relevant to the context of the card and can display more detail on demand using flyouts
- Can be embedded in other FlexCards or in OmniScripts
- no limit to how many child flexcards you can embed, they need to be active
- can launches a guided process (OmniScripts)
- navigate to another record or FlexCard
- listen for event from another FlexCard
- notify another component on a page or application that an event has occured
- Can have multiple states based on conditions – set conditions on what user see and can do on a card
- Can be deployed from App Builder, Experience Builder
Other Advanced Features
- Deploy to external CMS such as Adobe Experience Manager
- Can be deployed to custom web container like Heroku
Next let’s tackle the FlexCard Designer.
One thought on “OmniStudio FlexCard Capabilities”
How to add flexcard inside a LWC component?