Calculation Procedures allow complex math to be configured within OmniStudio.
To handle many factors, values and calculations, a Calculation Procedure can call up one more more Calculation Matrices. Basically, these are simple lookup tables that takes an input and returns output.
A Calculation Matrix adds more functionality to OmniScripts and Integration Procedures.
Types of Calculation Matrices
- Standard Calculation Matrix – standalone and not part of a group or versioned row.
- Grouped Calculation Matrix – used to group similar matrices with same input and output headers together
- Row-Versioned Calculation Matrix – used if you have a matrix with many rows and may need to change small portions of data at a time. Each row has a start date and time.
Sample Calculation Matrix
This sample matrix simply returns the score for a grade
As per shot below it can either be created using the tool or by uploading a CSV and mapping which column is input and output.
- End Data/Time – if blank will run indefinitely
- Only one version of matrix can be accessed a time
- Matrices can represent ranges.