OmniScript allows a user to walk through a guided path for completing a business process where the underlying backend can be from retrieving or posting data to Salesforce or any third party systems.
Some use cases:
- Multi-step signed up forms
- Self-service pages for customer to troubleshoot issues.
- Multi-step Insurance and product quoting
- OmniScript designer has a drag and drop interface, a bit similar to what we have for FlexCard designer
- Can be used on any channel
- Modular architecture
- frontend – stylesheets
- backend – data
- metadata structure – JSON
- Display data from multiple data source – using action elements that call APIs, Integration Procedures that can pull data from Salesforce or 3rd party systems.
- Rebrand OmniScripts – use Lightning Design System or Newport Design System to customise and style the look and feel.
- Manage signed documents – manage and create dynamic documents
OmniStudio OmniScript Designer
Creating a new OmniScript. Go to the OmniScript Designer Tab from the OmniStudio app. Then click on New button from the list view.
Fill in the value for following fields:
- LWC Enabled Omniscript
Broke down the designer into sections:
- Header – get information about the Omniscript like Name, Type, SubType, Version etc.. similar to FlexCard you can toggle between Design and Preview, create a new version and deactivate.
- additonally you can download/export the omniscript datapack
- edit the settings
- get how to launch instructions
- Navigation Panel – access the actions, steps and step elements, switch to different views – slide and tree view.
- Canvas – build the scripts by dragging elements to the canvas, adjust the column grid, delete and clone elements, switch between themes. toggle conditional elements
- Build Panel – drag and drop element(s) from the build panel to the canvas
- Actions – used for getting/saving data, calculation and sending emails etc.
- Display – text and images to enhance UI
- Functions – perform calculations, show conditional messages and provide geolocation
- Groups – grouping elements together in the UI
- Inputs – for data capture/input
- OmniScripts – reusable omniscripts
- Properties Panel – configure each element detail
- Setup Panel – configure script-wide settings